Monday, December 3, 2007

Best New Female Poet

Here are the Nominees;

Ana Angeles
"Of Memories, Stains and Kisses"

Memories on the sand are washed a way by the tide.
The stains left as one kisses the glass are wiped off
As someone else's lips touched it.
But how can tears wash away memories left in the heart?
And how can someone else's lips wipe away
The essence of a great love's kiss?

Irene Chicqui
"Light and Shade"

Your warmth,Send pulses humming;
Hastens the flight of decaying memories,
Of a white rose left to wither;Of an old flame smothered,
mingle with the passing wind

Gathering dust at the corners of a locked away corridor,
Meant to be forgotten;Now forgotten.
How can I not?You’re always there,
With bright lips and quiet eyes

That send red flags To unconsenting cheeks;
Removing knives,Cleaning stitches,Already healed.
Your hand next to mine,I can not breathe without;
Waiting to touch,But not touching,Cradles my soul,Crushes my heart.

But why such hesitation?mine of exhaustion,
Yours I know not, We are free.
let definitions be for dictionaries.
Together we dance solo,Separate steps to the same tune,

Content with the silenceOf hushed pounding pulses,
Beating each other’s namesNailed burning within guarded chests
To an indulgent stillness.Such sweet torment
We hum the same melodyBut sing a different song,We stand togetherYet apart.

Chi
"Death and Rebirth"

it was not the sun that died that morning
but us finding darkness more comfortable.
we dropped our tools, dropped to our knees
and crawled back to the womb of memory
and there we dreamt of better mornings, warmer sunshine.

But how could we know while we floated in the belly of silence and cold?
limbo is the worst place.in another world,
we were ready to die again suffocated in this sac of stagnancy--
but a push and a heave,a breathe of protest against the bred silence,
and we pass through another birthing.
this one slower and more painfuluntil we see the light again and burst out laughing.


Princess Luna
"Y0u aNd y0uR LovE"

broken promises and shattered dreamsare all that's left...
they're all i seei'm bound and chained by my anger and fears
the plague that's slowly killing my heart that' s in tears
i can say: no one loves me...not now...

not even beforei keep knocking time and again
but they've all shut their doors
time itself has proven that forever was a lie
what we had was the eclipse that darkened my once bright sky

YOU BROKE MY HEART...
YOU CORRUPTED MY MIND...
YOU SHATTERED MY DREAMS...
AND YOUR LOVE WAS A LIE...

BAby rAych
"Hollow"

I am empty, I am hollow
That when you yell at me
You might hear an echo
As the waves of your voice

Bounce in this hollow body of mine
I have no soulLong have I sold it to the devil
And for whatFor someone like you
To love me backI have no heart

And you should not even wonder why you ripped it out
When you took my breathe away you crushed it
Right in front of my very eyes
And I listened to you as you laughed mercilessly

As you see blood dripEmptying each chamber of my heart
For I am nothing to youNot even close
To someone you can call worthy Hollow
I have nothing left in meI could not call myself human
My soul,My heartthey are all with you nowAnd they don’t even mean anything.

Jaemie Falcon
"Back from where we've Started"

Little do I know about you, mysterious friend...
I know its you.Days swept so fast, days become years,
until I found myself counting my tears.
Pain and misery of my heart will soon mend,

but going back for me is hard to understand.
A different love that never lasted,
and now we're back from where we've started.
Yesterday, I saw you standing there,

Gloomy.. in the sky you stared.
Instead of talking, you walked astray,
deeply wounded, I hate that day!
Slowly, you and our memories fade,

shadow covering the happy thoughts I've made.
My feelings concealed with so much stealth,
It took me 3 months to finally feel the guilt.

Nora Caldelero
"Quills Poetic Craft"

Kaleidoscope of emotions emerged
Like William Shakespeare's"Romeo and Juliet"
An endless sleep in the vast oblivion,
In the abyss of Psyche's arrows

Like a tremendous,towering barriers
Castles built by nobles and knights. Love so purified...
kept all desires It's venom...undying ember...
very potent Succulent smiles of freedom eutopic.

Springs of the youth exuberance
Blinded by the surge emotions
Plunged into the water of styx
With liberating pains and agonies.

Floated unendingly into their psyche's
Of heavenly grace and stature
He's on the West...She's on the East Yet,
Love consumed them intimately.

Emotions corrupted their souls
With complexity of illussions -
He...She Fated to be
" Romeo and Juliet " for real.

No comments: